Wednesday, May 20, 2009

FLUSH!!!!

A few MONTHS ago, we went on a little vacation, which included quite a bit of time in the car. Consequently, we had to make a few stops to let our children use the restroom! It was all fine and dandy until my oldest child called me into the restroom sounding super worried- "Mommy, come here, fast"! So, holding Cami I ran into the restroom to discover that she had dropped her friendship bracelet (just got that day, from her best friend) into the toilet. YIKES! I don't deal well with wet undies... so a public potty with a plastic bracelet? Well.... not thinking too much about the act - I lifted my foot up to the flusher and FLUSHED!!!! Well, I was holding a 2 year old in my arms who FREAKED out!!! Literally. 20 minutes of hysterical crying and we were finally able to get her re-buckled into the car seat, but all that she would say is "the bracelet, it went down the potty. Where is the bracelet? Why is the bracelet gone?".
So... here we are 4 months later, still holding her hands while she sits on the potty and waiting to flush until she leaves the room. My husband says I need to make her deal with it. But I feel so guilty about the whole incident that I STILL sit in the bathroom with her, holding her hand and waiting until she leaves the bathroom before I flush the toilet!

1 comment:

inkylou said...

Poor kids! Poor mom! Can't say I blame you for flushing, though.

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...