Monday, May 25, 2009

Fairy Tale Ball

Once every 3 years the elementary school has a "Fairy Tale Ball". It is a magical evening. It is only for the 1-3 grades. All the classes sing and perform a song from the fairy tale of their choice. There is a ball room with ball room dancing (the kids are taught the waltz during the year). The girls get to dance with their daddy's and the boys with their moms. There is a banquet hall filled with fancy treats, and a character greet and meet. The evening is concluded with individual pics of the kids and one final number that all the children performed together (when you wish upon a star). It was such a fun night. The kids had a blast and we had a good time, too!!



If you look at the picture of the girls dancing with Cinderella, that is Gloria's teacher. She is the most fun and sweet teacher- EVER! We love her. She has made this year so fun and exciting. And Gloria has learned so much from her.

7 comments:

Tif said...

So fun! I've never heard of a school doing something like that, but I'm sure the kids loved it and will remember it for years! What a great idea!

Michelle said...

What a Fun Day!!! What cute pictures.....

Harada's said...

Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun! What a great school your kids get to go to! What a great memory for Gloria =)

Shimmy Mom said...

What a fun activity! They all look SO cute.
*hugs*

p.s. I finally gave you a shout out on my blog. Sorry I was a dip this week.

ASRussell said...

How fun...I have never heard of this before, but what a great idea. Looks like they had a blast!

Janene said...

this looks like such a great idea... to do something like this when they're still at such an imaginative age. I love it!

Noakes said...

Love it!!! So fun. I love hearing about the fun things done at other schools. Your pictures are all ADORABLE. Such a cute family and I'm glad things are going well for you guys way out west.

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...