Friday, November 13, 2009

Soccer mom







Gray and Gloria are both doing soccer this year. They are great players. Gray really excels as a forward. He is very involved in the games and he fights for the ball. He is consistently a high scorer in his games (I am not going to mention that to get him so involved in the games we started out with a little bribery, $2 per goal scored... we will know better for next year, maybe $0.25 per goal... soccer has gotten really expensive this season. We only started the $2 incentive to make the game a little more entertaining for us as parents to watch and boy is it ever entertaining!) and we love watching him fight for the ball and take control of it. He loves the game. We love to watch him because he is so intense, but he has so much fun at the same time.
Gloria is a wonderful defender. She loves the position of defender, which may be why she is so good at it. She is so excited to guard the goalie and she is very aggressive whenever a ball approaches her. She is so happy and smiley and she loves the game. I was asked to coach her team this year and I have really loved doing it. It has been a great bonding activity for us. She gets so excited to tell her daddy and brother that she and mommy have a game today, or that she and mommy are on the same team. She tells all her friends that her mom is her coach. We are the "Pink Panthers". When I was asked to be her coach, I knew that there was only one pink team for the under 8 all girls teams... so I showed up early to the coaches meeting and spent a lot of time going through all of the uniforms to find the pink ones. I was so excited to find them before anyone else. The girls were all so excited when I told them that were going to get to be the pink team!! It was well worth the effort. I have loved being her coach this year and hope to be her coach again next year.

1 comment:

Janene said...

So great! I'm sure you're an awesome coach

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...