

Gloria and her best friend have always enjoyed singing together. They can both carry and tune and their voices go well together. They decided that they wanted to sing in the annual talent show this year. Last year they danced with 2 of their other friends and they enjoyed it. But this year they decided that they wanted to do a duet. Let me preface this by saying that their school consists of grade K-8. You have to audition to be in the talent show. LAst year we worked faithfully for 8 weeks before the AUDITION. THey made it into the show, their hard work payed off. This year, we only had 4 weeks to rehearse. So most weeks we had her friend take the bus home with Gloria and we would rehearse and memorize for a few hours. They sang the song "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. If you have seen her music video then you will recognize the look that the girls were trying to pull off for this song. Gloria was the "cheerleader" and her friend was the "nerd". The did a great job. They made it into the talent show and last week we were able to go and watch her perform. There was a FULL house and these second graders (7 years old) were able to sing, stay on pitch, dance and remember to smile the whole time!!! Can you imagine how scary that would be for them? And they did it. I am so proud of both of the them. The were both really nervous and they did an amazing job that anyone would be proud of. I am so proud of them. I loved hearing Gloria tell me later on that night that "it was really hard work, mom. but I am so glad that we practiced as hard as we did. it felt good to do a good job. And I wasn't even too scared"!! I am thankful that she realizes that her hard work is what caused her to be able to do well. I hope that this will be a lesson she carries with her, for a few months, atleast! Good job, Gloria.
No comments:
Post a Comment