Monday, April 19, 2010

new cookin' stuff!!!






For Cami's birthday Grandma made her a new Chef's hat and apron.... she LOVES them!! We also got this GREAT new cook book. It has a lot of healthy/easy recipes. This book has big pictures for the kids to look at. The book also has questions to ask your kids as you cook. It helps kids think about what they are cooking. I really, really like this book. It is full of healthy-fun EASY snacks.

Here is the Banana Bread Recipe we made this week.
Mash: 3 bananas
Mix: 1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
1/2 c. wheat germ

Add: 1/2 c. butter, melted
STIR
Add: 2 eggs
1 c. apple juice concentrate (we substituted this for Welche's 100% White Grape Juice.... yum)

Bake in greased pan at 350 for 1 hour. (we did small pans to take to neighbors, and they cooked for about 25 minutes at 325).

Some of the questions it has for you to talk to your child about while cooking are:
1. Why do you think we use ripe bananas for this recipes?
2. How do bananas grow?
3. What does the soda do? (put some baking soda in vinegar and see what happens)

I love this book. There are a lot of recipes that we love!!! If you ever happen to see this cook book, it is great for a little chef!!

4 comments:

Asia said...

Cooking pictures of kids are the best! I love the hat. She's a doll.

Janene said...

we have this cookbook. It has been great for snack ideas. This reminds me that I need to get aprons for the kiddos.

Harada's said...

My mom has this cookbook but I have never looked at it before. I am going to go still it from her now. =)

Shelly Murphy said...

Cute pictures! Does she like to wear the hat? Aleta is doing a cooking party for Tommy's birthday party and we spent today making aprons and hats for the kids. Cute! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love you. mom

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...