I have started making these DELICIOUS muffins. The kids gobble them up. They are so yummy AND, wait for it,....... Good for you!!! Yummy yummy yummy. I have been trying to use up all of my pumpkins before they go bad. I have been puree- ing some of them and putting them in the freezer, too.... but I love to use my pumpkins fresh!! I make these and put the small ones in my kids's lunches. The big ones we use for snacks or breakfast on the run. Try this yummy recipe today.
Pumpkin-banana- apple- orange muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3-4 cups freshly pureed pumpkin
- Juice from 1 orange
- 3 tsp orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
bake til done at 350. you can substitute the cho chips for nuts... but my kids take these to school and they have friends with nut allergies. Also, I am going to experiment cutting the sugar down, as there is so much fruit in here, but I have not done it, yet. Its hard for me to mess with a recipe that the kids like so much...
Now for the soup.
My friend brought me some of this soup a few weeks ago. It was so yummy, I had to have the recipe. you will enjoy it. and your family will to!
Hamburger Soup
2 lbs hamburger (season) (I used Lawry's season salt- to taste)
brown with onion ( I used 1/2 finely diced onion)
2 qt chicken broth
2 cans italian stewed tomatoes (i used fresh tomatoes and italian seasoning)
4 bay leaves
allspice (no amt given)
1/2 tsp dill
1 head cabbage (I used 3/4 head and shredded it)
1 head celery
potatoes & carrots (no amt given) ( I used a BUNCH of fresh carrots and potatoes.... maybe 6 potatoes and 6 full sized carrots).
So.... it is soooooo yummy. Give it a try!! Hope you all have a yummy day.
1 comment:
I love getting new recipes! They look great! I will definitely have to give them a try.
Post a Comment