Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving









I am Thankful....
Gloria: My Family
Grayson: For my family and my dog and my house.
Cami: Mommy and Daddy
Olivia: Toys, Daddy

Every year at Thanksgiving we sit around the table and eat and talk and then, when we are winding down, we let everyone take a turn at the table telling things that they are thankful for. The kids were a bit shy, this year. But these are the things that they said they were thankful for. The night before Thanksgiving we had a discussion with the kids about being thankful, and they were very thankful for everything. The lists went on and on and on and on..... water, trees, freedom, the earth, the sun, families, animals, mountains, Jesus, dogs, sports, healthy bodies, thumbs, hands, etc. It was nice to see that our kids know how much there is to be thankful for. They are good kids. We are lucky parents.
I am so thankful for good friends. Having GOOD friends, friends who care, and help you out, and hang out with you and enjoy your kids and are good examples of Christianity... well, we are lucky to be blessed with GOOD friends. And not just one or two friends- we have many friends who are so Great. We love them, our family loves them, they are just good people. I am thankful for good friends.
I am thankful for my husband. Not just any husband, because I wouldn't be thankful if he were just any run of the mill type of husband (well, maybe I would be a little thankful if he were just a run of the mill type- but he isn't), he is the BEST husband. He really is. Yesterday while I was baking and cooking and cleaning, he took the kids out, all morning. He played soccer with them. Jumped on the trampoline. Played basketball. Went on a hike. Collected pinecones for the table. And cleaned the yard, too!! It made my morning so easy! He is always pampering me, spoiling me, trying to make sure that I am happy- and I always will be, as long as he is by my side. My best friend. I love him. He is such a good man. He is a great dad. I am thankful for him.
I am thankful for my testimony. I am realizing that not everyone has one. And I am lucky to have mine. I cherish it. I have a few sets of friends who are looking into the gospel and some who were recently baptized, and at each missionary discussion and each FHE that they come to, at church during lessons- my testimony is strengthened. I love hearing their questions, and the answers that are given. I am so thankful that I was raised in the gospel and for my knowledge of the plan of salvation, that families can be together after this life- forever. I am thankful for my testimony.
I am thankful for my family. I think I can never say it enough. I am blessed. I am grateful. I have the worlds best kids (sorry to everyone else out there... but there can only be one set of the worlds best kids, and I have em!! :) I love them. They are sweet and caring and kind and loving. They are sensitive, happy by nature and spiritual. They are just the kids that I always wished I would have. I am so lucky to be their mom. They are the best. I am thankful for them.
There is so much more that I am thankful for; my parents, Travis's parents, Travis's job, our home, our dog, our food, our freedom, opportunities, health and strength- I could go on and on. But I won't. There is too much. I would be here too long and then I would miss out on time that could be spent with my wonderful family. So, I am only listing my top items that I am grateful for, and now I am going to spend time with my family. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...