Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cave Tubing








Cave tubing was a lot of fun... if you like that sort of thing. I hate water. I hate dark places. I hate being cold. So, it was a neat experience, one that I would do again. It was really cool. But I was stressed out and cold. Everyone else in our group loved it. I did too, but I really hate water. I don't like caves either. So- that being said.
It was beautiful. There were waterfalls inside the caves. The water at some points was 20 feet deep and some places it was only 6 inches deep, in those spots everyone one would yell "BUTTS UP" and you lifted your butt up or it would hit a rock or two or three. OUCH!!! It was a great time and a nice long hike to the top, it was so pretty. We saw a termite nest... great:) One of our tour guides was only 17, we asked why he was not in school. He said that he was a bit of a trouble maker in school and so for punishment they would send them out to a field behind the school to cut all the weeds with machetey's (how do you spell that?)- the big swords. He said that he was spending more time out in the field than in the class and so he decided to join the family business (tourism) and quit school. School is more of an option out there. The other tour guide kept splashing me... little did he know that with each splash his tip went DOWN, he doesn't know how much I hate water.

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...