




I love Thursdays. Why do I love Thursdays? It is certainly NOT because they are by far the busiest, most hectic days of my weeks. It is not because I stress all day and try not to speed as we rush from;
1) dropping kids off at school at 7:50am, then get to my friends house at
2)8:10 am where we rush to get the kids settled so we can work out for ONE hour before
3) leaving her house by 9:15 to rush Livee to dance by 9:30 and stay for Cami's at 10:00 then
4) rush to store to buy doughnuts- a post dance tradition- then
5) rush to Oakhurst for story time at library by 11:30 then
6) stop at grocery store because we only go to Oakhurst twice a week (if at all possible) and so we need to do our shopping, then
7) take friend and her daughter home and DROP them off, no staying to chat, then
8) MOVE MOVE MOVE to pick up kids from school EARLY at 1:45 so we can
9) Stop by our house, run groceries in, grab water and snack and guitar for kids then jump into the car again to
10) make it to guitar by 2:15 where we happen to have our Bountiful harvest veggies dropped off at our guitar lessons at 2:30- so while the older kids are doing guitar I am loading up veggies and returning boxes. When guitar ends at 3:00 we
11) stop by dads office to drop off 2 of my kids, then Gloria and I jump back into the car and run to pick up 3 other girls from our area and run BACK up to Oakhurst where I drop Gloria off for Activity Day girls, while I study my New Testament (the only time during this oh-so busy day that I have to fit it in) then 1 hour later the girls are ready to head home, we have to stop at my friends house (who lives inbetween my house and the church) to pick up Cami from friends house, drop off neighbor girls and then make it home between 6:30 and 7:00. We eat our dinner as fast as we can, Gloria starts her homework while the rest of the kids start getting ready for bed. Then, at 8:00 I have my card club (once a month) or girls come to my house to make cards (1-2 times a month) and then at 10:45 at night when I get home I CRASH into bed and say thanks that Thursday is over!!!!!
So, why do I love Thursdays? Look at the pictures of my little princesses! They love their dance class. They smile and twirl and laugh the whole time. It makes me happy to see how happy they are. I do love Thursdays.
side note: not EVERY Thursday is like this, we only have Activity Day girls twice a month and Card club once a month and Thursday night- card group 1-2 times a month. And sometimes I don't go to library, I just let my friend take the girls up. So, it is not always this hectic. But, lots of times it really is :)
2 comments:
I'm tired just reading this. I will not call on Thursdays! Mom
holy smokes, jen! I'm pretty sure that I would be having about 5 minutes (tops) studying New Testament on a day like this, and then I'd be zonked out in the car. :o)
Post a Comment