Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cami's 5th Birthday













Yesterday we had Cami's 5th birthday party. One thing that is really fun about Cami is that she LOVES anything GIRLY. It is so much fun for me to plan things that involve a lot of pink, and a lot of princesses. Cami really wanted a barbie cake. She waivered a few times on whether to have a mermaid cake or a barbie cake, but in the end the barbie won. I had a lot of fun making her cake. One funny thing, we ran out of eggs and I couldn't go to the store to get any because it was Sunday. So, I read and re-read on the internet ways to substitute eggs in cake recipes. I ended up adding bananas. The result was really yummy, but a lot more dense than usual. So, it wasn't a big and fluffy as I would have like, I even had to bend the barbies legs to get her to fit in the cake- I have never had to do that before. But it was REALLY good. The bottom layer was chocolate. The dress was vanilla. Both tasted great.
At the party, we tried to get a picture of each girl with Cami (to use with our thank you notes). We did have one little boy come. Cami often talks of marrying him when he gets home from his mission. So, when it was her turn to take a picture with him, she was so giggly and embarrassed, I had to laugh. Hopefully someday that picture will be on a wedding video ;)
One of our good friends & neighbor came to Cami's party. We will call her "Pink". We love her. She is an honorary Kendall. She is always so helpful and fun. All the kids love her and she made this party a lot easier. She helped me hide eggs, clean up and take care of kids. We love "Pink"!! We also had a few other big girls come that Cami loves, it was really nice having 5 big princesses there to assist with the little princesses. It was a very relaxing party. The only sad thing is that I was going to put on a princess dress and crown, but ran out of time before the party :( Next year!!
For her party we decorated crowns, played pin the crown on the princess, played musical flying carpets, had an easter egg hunt, cake & presents, and then we did finger nail painting and jump house at the end. The only problem was that I didn't plan enough time for the party. So, while we were opening presents parents started coming to pick up kids. Some of the girls had to leave without getting their nails painted or without jumping on the jump-o-lene. We had a great time

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday to Cami! Wish I could have been there. I love you CAmi, Grandma M.

Michelle said...

PARTY sounds like fun! Too bad you didn't get dressed up. You can still wear the princess dress around the house one day with Cami. She would love it. Miss you!

Kellie said...

OH, you've done SO MUCH BLOGGING!!! Love all your posts! I feel like I should just copy and post them on my page since my daughter does half of them with you! LOL. Beautiful party, everything looks so great! You are an awesome party planner, and mother! Thanks for taking my daughter for me, and letting her have so much fun! WE sure love and appreciate all the fun things you do for our kids! Wish I could have been there. That cake is gorgeous, and was so delicious! We love Cami, happy 5th day!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...