A couple of weeks ago, Gloria's class went on a week long camping field trip. We went to Calvin Crest, an outdoor school. The teachers had let us know the dates at the beginning of the year and asked for parents to chaperone the trip. I immediately signed up to chaperone. There was no way I was letting my 11 year old leave me for a week! I was pretty stressed out about leaving my other 5 children at home- but they had Aspen and Travis and their own enviroments, so I felt better about that than about letting Gloria go on her own. Plus, I was excited to have a week of time with HER! How cool is that?! So, we went to Calvin Crest and had a GREAT time! There were a ton of cool classes... we went on a night hike- learned about constellations and about how animals work at night. We played some night hide and go seek (to see how animals can camouflage at night) and played some trust games. We had a day of learning about compasses (orienteering). We learned about the trees and plants that grow in the Sierra's (way cool.... tons of Sugar Pines and Red Woods and Dog woods and many more) and went on a great hike to identify all the things we learned about. We all held hands and tried to circle around a tree.... we just made it around (barely). The trees are HUGE! We did a leadership/teamwork class (my favorite)- it was so fun to see the kids working together and I was laughing hysterically watching the kids work through some of the problems they were given. They also had a day of survival classes (way cool, building actual shelters- lighting fires- learning about edible moss on trees... and eating it). We had a log jamboree. We had night time stories and singing. We ate REALLY well. The kids could shoot arrows, climb rock walls, paddle boat or play sports or even zipline every day if they wanted to. It was such a neat experience and I am glad I was able to spend time with my daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobcat Belles, Senior Year
This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...
-
We were able to visit some family during our 2 week trip to California this Summer. We were able to visit my niece and her two children. ...
-
She is Here!! We are so excited to welcome little Olivia into our family. She is such a sweetie. She weighed 6' 14 ounces and was born y...
-
Hello everyone, I want to let you know that in a few weeks I am going to be allowing only invited users to view my blog. Travis and I have c...


No comments:
Post a Comment