Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cami's Baptism





I am so happy that my little girl was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost this month. What a special day it was. I sure do love my sweet little girl, and she is growing up so fast. Cami's baptism day was wonderful. We were glad to have our grandparents here and some of our cousins, too! It was a fun weekend. Cami and her girl friends sang "I Like to Look For Rainbows". They sounded beautiful. Funny story:  I was in the dressing room with Cami, putting on her white baptism dress, when she asked "Mom, will the water be cold?".  I thought about it for a minute.... and then thought (to my horror) that I didn't remember hearing the water run in the baptismal font!  Oh no!!  I left Cami (in her under ware) in the stall and ran out to my husband, asking if anyone had filled the font.  No one had!!  Oh NO!  What to do? They told us it would take an hour to get the font filled!! We had a full house, at that point. Everyone was in their seats waiting for the baptism to begin!  I talked to the bishop and asked if we could eat lunch before the baptism? He said "No problem". We announced that the baptism would be delayed a bit and that we would eat first. Most people were fine with that. Hurray. WAIT!!! I just remembered that I left Cami in the changing room in her under ware!!  I ran back, and there she was, in tears. I felt HORRIBLE. Thankfully, she forgave me and we went to eat. It was a memorable event. In the end, Cami felt the spirit, and so did most everyone who was there. Grandma Murphy spoke to us and so did our friend, Allison Weir.  I love my daughter and am so proud of her and her decisions that she is making in her life. She tries so hard to choose the right. 

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...