Friday, November 28, 2008

Good Friends



I have a lot of good friends- but today I was missing my friend, Wendy. You see, the past 3 years Wendy and I would go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving together. We both had the same agenda, don't leave too early- don't wait in super long lines, and no big ticket items for us. We just took our time, got a few small things and enjoyed being out together. Today I did not go shopping, I did have friends who invited me (leaving at 4am,or at 5am- YIKES). I wanted to go, but my heart was not in it this year (not to mention that I have a 10 day old baby and didn't think I could leave her for so long). So, I did not go shopping today and I thought about my good friend, Wendy.
Wendy would be the one to get me out of the house, we would go to chick flicks, aerobic conventions, she was the one who helped me learn to teach and helped me get certified. Our kids got along so well, I loved having her kids over. We swapped babysitting, FHE kits, dinners, and cards. We got along and so did our hubbies. We did a lot together and I really miss her.

This picture was taken on the last day that I saw my friend. We were both crying and so sad- . I miss her and all my Ohio friends!

1 comment:

Shimmy Mom said...

There is nothing like good friends. I've made so many by moving around so much. But there are two or three that I sometimes don't know how I live without them now. I hope you find someone there to help fill the void. Thank Heaven's for the internet.
*hugs*

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...