Friday, November 21, 2008

Babies R us

Baby Olivia and Mommy getting ready for her first bath.
My 2 sweet nieces holding their newest cousin.
First bath with Grandma. Thanks, Grandma.

World's best big brother... she loves him so much.
New big sister Cami is so excited to have her baby home.
Gloria, holding her baby sister. She is such a big help and loves her sister so much.

Well, today my parents and nieces left. It is super quiet, and I think we need to adopt my nieces because we are going to miss them so much! I told my mom we would build a mother in law apartment if she would just move in (also free dental work for life), but it didn't work. They still left.
We really are going to miss them. It was wonderful to have them here. We look forward to seeing them in a few short weeks.
Olivia is so sweet. She is already showing her personality, and we can tell how much she loves her brother and sisters. She loves to be held by them, and they love to hold her. It is a win/win situation!
I am really feeling great after the pregnancy! I have never felt so good so soon after delivery. I came home about 24 hours after she was born (I wish it was sooner, but we had to wait for pediatricians, ob's, and hubby). . We love being here and I missed my kids so much. We are adjusting well, my mom left me with a clean house and full fridge so I should be able to just hide out at home for a few weeks and get little Olivia settled into a routine.
My mom gave Olivia her first bath. She has given every one of my kids their first baths. When I brought home my first baby, she came to stay with me. I was a little freaked about holding a slimy baby in water and washing her and everything that went along with the bath. She easily took the baby and skillfully showed me how it is done. Every time I have a new child, I still feel awkward about the first few baths, so she has, thankfully, taken the time to do the first bath with each of my kids. It is a nice tradition and it always makes me feel a little easier about the next tub time.
Thank you all for your kind and warm thoughts. I miss you all and cannot wait til you get to meet our newest addition!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you going to wait to bathe Olivia till you come to Utah in December? Lots of Love!!!
-Michelle

Rebecca McQuivey said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! I am glad that the delivery went well. Your kids are looking so big.

Bingham Family said...

Congratulations Kendall Family!!! I love seeing all the pictures! Your kids are so cute holding Olivia! I'm happy to hear she is here and healthy. It will be so fun to have a little one for Christmas!

Love,

April

Shimmy Mom said...

She is so beautiful!! I love the first bath by Grandma tradition! I am so happy that you are feeling good and back home. (I was up and around really fast with #4 too) I can't watch her grow up in blog land.
*hugs*

Tif said...

You have a beautiful family! I'm so glad that things are going well. Can't wait to meet your little one!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...