Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful


This week my kids get to stay home with me because school is out for the week. I spent today with my kids and we had quite a few friends come over to kick off our no-school week. Tonight one of my daughters friends (who has never been to our house before) approached me to let me know that my son was trying to play with the girls and could I please have him leave the room?
I explained to her that in our house we are ALL friends and that included Gloria's brother and sisters.
Tonight when I was putting the kids to bed, I told Gloria what a great job she did today of playing fairly and being to kind to everyone. I then told her that the only improvement I could think of was for her to explain to her friends that she plays with her brother at our house because he is her best friend- that I shouldn't have to tell her friends. She then told me "Mom, I did tell her that I wanted to play with Grayson and that he is my best friend. But she went and told you anyway. I told her not to make him leave."- Grayson jumped in the conversation to agree with Gloria that she had stood up for him. I am so thankful for my kids and how loving they are to each other. I hope they will always be best friends.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Good for Gloria! Your kids are all growing up so fast and they are darling! You are doing a great job as a mom, I can tell!

Kim said...

Happy Holidays Jen!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...