Friday, December 12, 2008

Cinnamon Stars

The kids are pointing to the cinnamon stars that we made and hung on the wall. We made these yummy-smelling cinnamon stars that are supposed to look like gingerbread cookies. They are not gingerbread, they are made out of cinnamon (A LOT of cinnamon), a little applesauce and a whole bottle of glue!! So, even though the kids helped to make these, they all kept wanting to eat the dough while we were rolling out the stars. I convinced the older two how awful it would taste, but Cami didn't believe me. Thus we ended up with a little girl trying to eat the dough! Needless to say, she spit it right out! However, even after we baked the dough, she again wanted to try the "cookies". I let her. Ha ha ha.... it was so funny to see her bite into it and then run to spit it out. What can I say- she loves to learn by doing and not by listening! She has not tried to eat any more of the stars and even helped to hang the rest.

On a side note- yesterday our offer was accepted on a home!! It is a home near where we live now, on two acres of beautiful land. We are so excited. This is the nicest house we looked at out here and it seems it was made just for us!! It is an early Christmas gift to us that they accepted our low offer. So, if the home inspector and other people all deem it sound and fit, in 6 weeks we will be new home owners!! Hurray!

4 comments:

Shimmy Mom said...

The stars are so cute. And CONGRATULATIONS on the house!!!! That is awesome. I am so excited for you.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Cami to visit. We have some Harry Potter jelly beans that I am sure she will just LOVE. (We will love watching her eat them anyways)

Tif said...

Congratulations on the new house. What a fun way to start the new year!

Sonja said...

That is so fun for you--congratulations!

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...