Friday, December 19, 2008

Fast!

So, I have noticed lately that Iame using the word "FAST" too often with my kids. I use it when we are in a hurry (which is a lot of the time), when we are trying to get the kids out of the car and across the busy parking lot, in the grocery store, at church.... EVERYWHERE!!
So, I have made it a personal goal to find ways to avoid using the word "fast". Whether it means waking up earlier in the morning so that I don't have to tell my daughter to get dressed "fast" so she won't be late for school, or getting all of the kids to the door of the car at the same time and having them hold hands so that the baby won't freeze while waiting for them to get out and ready, or just plain old thinking ahead so that we can avoid having to hurry. In this world or rushing and bustling I don't want my kids to associate Hurrying with every part of their lives. I am going to try to do my part to help them feel not rushed and anxious. I hope that they can learn to feel the inner calm and peace so they will be able to recognize when they feel promptings. So... anyone who sees me in the next few weeks, notice how I won't be using the word "Fast"!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, Hurry up is a common phrase I use. I often notice that I am rushing my kids everywhere. I've just got to fit in those few extra things in between everything else. I'm working on the no rush factor as well. Looks like the birthdays were a blast!

Harada's said...

You got me thinking that I like a lot of other moms I am sure do the same thing. Even Noah will say to me when we are getting ready to leave, "come on hurry up, we are going to be late." Apparantly I say that way to much.
I am going to work on that also, thanks for the eye opener. We all just need to chill out a little bit and not be so rushed! You are the best mom.

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...