Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sugar cookies



We have some fun Christmas Traditions at our house... One of my favorite is making sugar cookies with the kids. We like eating them as much as we like taking them to our friends. For many years I searched for the perfect sugar cookie recipe- however, last year I found it! It is the boxed sugar cookie mix from betty crocker. I buy it in bulk at sams club. I have the yummiest butter cream frosting that I got from a friend in Ohio who was the queen of sugar cookes, but I could never get her sugar cookie recipe to work for me. So, in desperation I picked up a box mix at Sams and now I will never use anything else!! The only thing that I do differently from what the box says is that I use 1/2 cup melted butter instead of 1/3, and then I add a TB more flour. Then I feel free to flour up my counter as much as I need to! They seriously are super duper yummy.
Happy Eating everyone!!

1 comment:

Shelly Murphy said...

You need to share the frosting recipe with me. Looks like you all are having fun. I wish that I was your neighbor geting cookies and hugs. I love you.

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...