Saturday, December 8, 2012
Baptism
Recently some very good friends of ours, the Olsens, were baptized. It was such an awesome experience. We truly love this family and have always considered them our family. So, it was such a wonderful feeling when they started expressing interest in the church. We have been talking to them about the gospel for years, and we took their daughters with us to church whenever we could and also to activity girls. Their girls are so neat. So, we were absolutely overjoyed when their parents started asking to come to church (yes, we had invited them several times before, but they just weren't interested). I invited them to my institute class that I teach each week. They started coming. I am teaching the old testament. One week the sister missionaries were there and so were the Olsen's. I called one of the sisters over and asked Jill right then and there if she would start taking the discussions. The whole family agreed. We had the discussions in our home with them. It was awesome. These sister missionaries are so close to the spirit and each discussion was a treat. We have gone through the discussions with our friends many times before... we have had elders, senior couples and sisters. I love to see how God knows these families so well. The Elders were great, and at that time the family that we had coming over for discussions needed the experiences and insights of the elders. The next family we had got the Senior missionaries, and they needed the grandmotherly and grandfatherly feel of the the love of these missionaries. It was so easy to be around them and all of our kids just loved them and we could feel the love of our Savior through this couple. We miss Brother and Sister Hyde. Then we get these wonderful sisters. And to be honest, I wasn't sure how much I would like having sister missionaries. But, I LOVE THEM!!! I truly do. There are 3 of them (for right now) and we love each one of them, but besides loving them, they bring the spirit so strongly wherever they are. They are so in tune with the spirit and each and every time we did the discussions we could just feel the spirit- it was so thick in the room we were all brought to tears almost every discussion. They are so in touch with the spirit and KNEW each week what was needed for this family. I am so thankful for the Olsens. And for letting us be a part of this. I can't wait to go with them to the temple. To see them sealed together forever. It is such a touching experience, being able to go to the temple with these families that never knew that we can be with our loved ones after this life. I can't imagine the despair I would feel if I thought that I would never see my family after this life..... I love my friends, the Olsens. I would still be their friends if they never joined the church- but because they have and they now share the same convictions and beliefs that we do, our friendship is SO MUCH STRONGER. She knows that she is my sister. I am so happy for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bobcat Belles, Senior Year
This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...
-
She is Here!! We are so excited to welcome little Olivia into our family. She is such a sweetie. She weighed 6' 14 ounces and was born y...
-
Hello everyone, I want to let you know that in a few weeks I am going to be allowing only invited users to view my blog. Travis and I have c...
-
Today Olivia is 8 weeks old. Wow! Time is really flying.Here are some pictures of how our littlest one looks today. She weights 9 and 1/2 po...


No comments:
Post a Comment