Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sibling Gifts









Growing up, for Christmas each year, we would draw names and then buy a gift for the sibling whose name you drew. It made sense, there were 6 of us kids and it would literally break our poor little piggy banks if we had to buy gifts for everyone. Not to mention the creative power it would take to make each sibling a gift, something that I am in very short supply of. So, it worked well for our family to draw one siblings name and that is who you got a gift for. We usually tried to keep our names secret until Christmas Eve, when we did our sibling gift exchange. It was a fun tradition, a tradition that I have carried on with our kids. Especially now that our family has grown to seven and may grow to eight before the next Christmas. 




So, on Christmas even, along with opening the traditional pajama gift, we also open our sibling gifts. Here are some pictures of the fun gifts the kids received from their siblings. Cami got a Barbie from Grayson, which she loves! She is definitely my Barbie girl. She can play for hours and hours. Max got some cars, which is so fun to watch him play with. He actually makes the car sound "brrrrr" as he zooms them around on the ground. He also got an "Imaginex" figurine. That was given to him by Cami (I did offer a little help with the actual decision of what to give him... I am a sucker for the imaginex play items and I- I mean- Grayson and Max collect them). The boys actually do love to play with the castles and ships that we have bought them. I love to see them in the room playing together, Max more likes to eat the figures while Grayson plays, but they are both happy and that is what is important! Gloria got some small animal figurines from Olivia. Olivia knew just what to get her because we had seen Gloria trying to decide if she should buy it for herself.  So, Gloria LOVES her gift and has found the perfect shelf for her figurines. Grayson got SKYLANDERS from Max. It was not hard for Max to know what to buy for his big brother... Grayson loves SKYLANDERS and was thrilled with his gift. All in all, it was a successful gift exchange. We had a great time and enjoyed the gifts all day long. 
The kids looked so cute in their pajama's. In the past I have gotten matching ones, but this year I had found these cute ones on Cyber Monday. And they were such a good deal, I decided against paying the higher price to get all matching and coordinating ones. I think they all looked super cute and they were all comfy. 

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...