Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas is coming

















Our family has a few Christmas traditions. One of our favorite is that we have a candle light dinner with eggnog and Sprite (a special treat that my kids love) on December 1st. My kids look forward to this tradition every year. However, this year I have my friends 2 cute kids here for a few days... one of those day being December 1st. Normally I would have done the dinner with their kids here, but this year- with a very busy baby, and 7 kids- I was just too overwhelmed! So, we didn't get it done until December 5th. The kids LOVED it!! They put on a Nativity before dinner (you can see my 2 little angels in their white dresses) with Max as a ver unwilling baby Jesus, Grasyon as the "star" , and Gloria as Mary. They sang and narrated and did a great job. It was a special treat. Dinner was a hit, most of the kids had tummy aches after from too much eggnog and carbonation, but the memories were worth it. We drew sibling names for gifts (let's face it, with 5 kids it can be a bit too much to expect the kids to buy gifts for every sibling.... I'm trying to decide if we should have them draw pictures of or make something simple for the siblings whose names they did not draw.... more to think about). Here is the list of who got who (for future refrence, as we have kids claiming to draw the same name every year)
Gloria= Olivia
Grayson= Cami
Cami=Max
Olivia= Gloria
Max=Grayson

Another family tradition is decorating the tree. My kids love to do this. Everyone gets excited. We turn on the music, bake some cookies and have a fun night. This year Olivia got to hang the star on the tree. 

It's been a great December so far. Not too hectic, a lot of time with family. I love this time of year.

No comments:

Bobcat Belles, Senior Year

This is Gloria’s senior year and last year on the Belle’s. I am so impressed with her and her dedication to this team. She is an amazing ...